Which one do you more closely identify with?
I feel a lot like the Mad Hatter and not just because of the amount of tea I consume in a day. I don't usually have tea parties but maybe I should start? It might make this whole business of staying in and writing more fun.
It's been so long since I blogged, I hope you don't all feel too abandoned? I've been unable to pin myself down in one place long enough to write anything recently. However, I have started on some semblance of a routine thanks to 'The Artist's Way.' I managed to pilfer a copy and today is day 3 of following Julia's workbook. The idea is that creativity is a spiritual pursuit and I love it as it ties in very well with Dawn's teaching. I am enjoying writing my Morning Pages which is a way of emptying your mind of all the mundane clutter and allowing you to move into a more creative mindset.
It has reminded me that creative energy needs to be nurtured and encouraged and I realised I had fallen away from some of Dawn's most essential teaching about being gentle with ourselves. I've been too focused on time and money and that is not a positive place to be in.
I've also been distracted by this online dating business. It's proving to be quite an experience. I've long since given up on meeting my mister right this way but it is providing very interesting research. The best insight has been that when men confuse us, it's not because they're clever and do it intentionally - it's because they have no idea what they want or really what they're doing either. We're all as lost as each other. I find it rather comforting.
I still haven't met anyone I like as much as The Gentleman but when I had decided to cancel my subscription I was asked out by 5 men in the space of three days! I somehow have to fit these five dates into the coming weekend..........
No comments:
Post a Comment