Hello again, it's good to be back.
As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I have had a challenging week. I had a fun weekend celebrating a wedding AND an engagement party. I made the most of the opportunity to fully express my social nature and made some lovely new friends :)
All was well until Sunday evening when I was struck down by the lurgy (no it wasn't a hangover, honest!). The lurgy lingered all week leaving me tired and listless. I had to cancel all of my plans, which meant I missed out on last Monday's Consciously Female session. It was the second-last session of the Silver club and I was gutted to miss it.
However, I decided not to let it hold back my progress and spent time reading over what I have learned so far and continued writing in my journal and listening to the CD. Usually if I have been cooped up in the house without much social contact, I get really down and it can even kick off an episode of depression. So, here I am at the end of a difficult week and actually my mood is fine. There is no threat of depression hanging over me. I believe it's purely because I have kept my thoughts on a positive track and have looked after myself. Instead of berating myself for time lost or for letting people down, (including one of my best friends) I accepted that I needed rest. I'm also at the most tiring point in my cycle, a time when my energy levels are naturally low and if I had pushed myself I probably would be suffering from a low mood right now.
It's been a really powerful lesson and has reaffirmed the wisdom of Dawn's teaching. I've tried as far as possible to use this quiet period wisely. I have enjoyed long hours of indulgent reading, have spent time thinking about and planning my Open Uni studies next year and I've also resurrected a fantasy novel I began writing when I was 13.
From next week I'm going to try and include at least one 'quiet' day just for me to read, reflect or whatever without any other demands on my time, I'll let you know how that works out...
Consciously Female Website
My website
No comments:
Post a Comment