Spring flowers

Spring flowers

Thursday, 14 October 2010

Embracing The Season

It seems an age since I last posted, thanks to an extremely temperamental laptop my blogging has been on hold. My life however, has been on a fast forward or at least that's how it seems.
  At the start of Autumn I pictured long walks in colourful knitwear, holding hands with my other half and planning a wonderful Christmas. The reality has been very different. Everything seems to be going through a major shift, especially my relationship. As we have negotiated new boundaries and reviewed timescales, I've experienced intense emotional upheaval.
  It started almost two weeks ago when I confessed at a Consciously Female evening that I felt myself changing in a powerful way on the inside. My confidence is rising and so is the need to really live my life in the best way for me. I feel this amazing energy gathering within me and demanding expression!
  It's incredibly exciting but also slightly frightening....where will this new energy take me? Am I brave enough to follow?



I now see that it's inevitable that my relationship would be the first thing to be affected, my partner is the closest person to me and the one who is experiencing the changes in me the most. Although I'm still going through this period of growth and it's not easy, it feels right. I feel empowered. As I took my 3 mile walk around Arthur's Seat this morning the answer came to me - I am going through a season, that's all. It's nothing to get too upset or worried about, it's just a period of growth. I made a conscious decision today to let go of worry, to let go of control and just allow things to unfold naturally. That's what Dawn teaches us in our classes and she is a lady who knows what she is doing. So just as I accept and make the most of Autumn or look forward to the snow in Winter, I choose to appreciate and make the most of this season in my life.


 
Consciously Female Website

My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment