In my last post I shared about my skin analysis with the lovely Laura at Face & Body. I would like to report that I have been a good girl and followed all of Laura's advice, but that would be lying. I have cut out frozen (highly processed) foods completely, and have managed to keep my sugar intake down except where mince pies are on offer. I switched to de-caff tea and only have one morning coffee instead of three. I bought Patrick Holford's book 'The Optimum Nutrition Bible' but I'm scared to look at it as I know it will tell me that all the foods I love are bad for me.
Face & Body was the first port of call for our makeover - next we all had lots of fun with Judith Campbell, style guru and creator of Feel Brand New. Judith shared her fashion and style know-how with us and gave us all a bit of lesson in how to use colour. She said when you wear a top or an outfit in a colour that really suits you, it looks right on you and can be the difference bewteen looking as though you shopped at Harvey Nicks or Matalan. I can vouch for this as I kept Judith's advice in mind when I bought my new coat - in a gorgeous dark olive colour and a few people have commented on how fancy it looks. I haven't shared the price of the coat with anyone, but let's just say it was a bargain (and not at Harvey Nichols).
We also had out body shape and fashion style defined for us, I was delighted to be told I have a full hour-glass figure and my natural style is creative/dramatic. We also had a free make-up lesson, the picture here is of me afterwards. The lights were very bright and the colours were more subtle than I would normally go for but I was happy with the end result. You can see Judith in the mirror taking my photo and if you look closely you can make out some of the other consciously female ladies. They all looked gorgeous! Check out Judith's site and sign up for her blog at www.feelbrandnew.co.uk
Just last week we had a style evening with personal shoppers and consultants with Space NK at Harvey Nichols. The main attraction about Harvey Nichols if you ask me is their fantastically festive window display and the Christmas carols playing 24/7. I was nervous about this evening as I wouldn't dream of shopping in there usually. It was a lovely evening though and we were well looked after with wine and delicious mini cupcakes. We also received an Esap goody bag from there so we all felt quite special. The serum we were given is like a magic potion, my skin is glowing.
The last treat for the makeover part of CF is a consultation with Paterson S/A hairdressers. We will have a one to one session with a professional where we can discuss anything about our hair, I'm especially looking forward to it as I want to try a new style. I cut my hair short in October and it's starting to grow out. I'd like to try an entirely new look!
Consciously Female Website
My website

No comments:
Post a Comment