All that snow at the start of the month may have caused chaos but it was a beautiful start to the festive season. The view from my flat was more stunning than ever with Arthur sleeping under his snowy blanket. I was ill for a while and stayed at home all cosy with Christmas carols playing and watched the sledgers come careening down the hill. It looked like so much fun!
It seems that Christmas is approaching much too quickly but thankfully it isn't all over after Christmas day, we still have 12 days of Christmas from the day itself. I only recently discovered this as I always believed the 12 days of Christmas were the days leading up to Christmas. It turns out that the Geese A-laying, the Doves and even the Pipers Piping all have a biblical or religious meaning. After all those years of singing that song at school, it finally makes sense....sort of.
To cheer us up in the cold dark evenings, Sharon and I took a wander down to those lovely people at Paterson SA in Leith for a complimentary style and blow-dry. It was the last part of our Consciously Female makeover package and was a much needed pick-me up. Sharon F dared to opt for a cut and style and now has a sleek new look.
Euan was my handsome stylist and he showed me how to give my hair a bit of oomph - or 'body' as the profs call it. I'm in between styles at the moment and he gave me some great ideas.
Euan was my handsome stylist and he showed me how to give my hair a bit of oomph - or 'body' as the profs call it. I'm in between styles at the moment and he gave me some great ideas.
Other exciting news, my book 'Prozac & Prayer: A Brief Memoir of Madness' has finally been released as an Ebook from my publishers. I'm excited as it could be a useful tool for helping others recover from mental illness as well as encouraging people to tell their own story.
Dawn's books are also available to buy on the Consciously Female website
The site has had a glam makeover so check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment