Spring flowers

Spring flowers

Sunday, 19 September 2010

Autumn, Affirmations and The Law of Attraction...

It's a whole week now since I turned 33 and so far so good.

Along with good wine, good company and lots of presents I treated myself with some birthday money to a pack of Affirmation Cards. They're shiny and colourful and I love just holding them and looking at them! I choose three cards every morning and leave them displayed out on my little candle table so I can look at them through the day and be reminded of their positive messages.

I got a card this morning which I also picked out yesterday, it's the one with the big picture of a flower on it and it says "To the Degree I Am Happy, I Am Successful"
  The fact that I chose this card twice is quite telling as since I've gone self-employed I've been pre-occupied with success, but success measured by finances and popularity. The message on this card urges me to evaluate success not by the amount of money in my bank account but by the amount of joy I have. When I have real joy in what I am doing creatively, everything else will fall easily into place.
So, in terms of writing I am now focussing on what I enjoy writing, and what is on my heart to write, rather than what I think is commercially viable or trendy.
  As a result, my writer's block has gone - it's not just been lifted but it's been dissolved! I was woken up at 3:48 this morning with a bolt of pure inspiration! I filled three A4 pages with creative ideas for my next book.
I believe that by going through the Consciously Female workshop my creativity has opened up, leading me to buy the book on The Law of Attraction and the Affirmation cards. My subconscious is responding to what I am pouring into it - from Dawn's CD, from the visualisations and soul work done on Monday nights and from the new pattern of bright positive thoughts that I'm consciously creating in my mind as a result. I'm also re-reading Dawn's book 'Superconfidence' which builds on the work Dawn does with us in the workshops.
 I have a new ritual for doing my CF stuff every day, I listen to Dawn's CD while having my morning coffee and checking my emails, and then while the CD continues to play I write in my journal. Every few days, I write down all the things in my life that I am thankful for; my boyfriend, the view from my flat, the trees changing colour just outside my window and anything really that I feel grateful for having in my life. It's known as having 'An Attitude of Gratitude' - it makes me feel good as well as reminding me of all the good things I have especially when I feel like I'm far from where I want to be. What's the point of 'getting there' or achieving success if I don't have the capacity to enjoy it and appreciate it when it comes?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment