Well, it's day five of living Dawn Breslin's Consciously Female lifestyle!
That first session on Monday night set my thinking in a new direction :) The affirmation CD Dawn gave us is actually very effective. At first I had to force myself to sit down and relax for the half-hour or so the CD runs for. I'm not used to sitting still without doing something. It's a bit like trying meditation for the first time - you have to train your monkey mind to behave!
I've gone from having no time to sit and focus and relax to having an hour a day (I listen to the CD twice a day as recommended). I'm used to running on nervous energy but since taking this time for myself every day just to treat my mind, my anxiety levels are greatly reduced.
Throughout the day I'm reminded of the affirmations - and I think what's happening is that my thinking is being remoulded to a softer, more positive pattern. I was worried too that listening to the same affirmations every day would get boring and cease to be effective, but I find something new every day that I hadn't noticed before, or that is really relevant for me on that particular day.
On Wednesday the affirmation about being gentle, kind and patient with yourself and with others reminded me of Galatians 5:22-23, 'The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.'
Now I know all about developing these qualities and being kind and patient with others, but what an amazing idea to treat yourself this way first! As I become kinder to myself it's so much easier to be kinder to those around me. It's as if by loving myself I create more love to extend readily to those around me, and that can only be a good thing!
Consciously Female website
Lady Moon website
Email me
No comments:
Post a Comment