birthday!
![]() |
| That's my cheeky little self standing in front |
part of the CF process I'm learning to appreciate and celebrate my life as it happens now. It began on
Friday with a joint celebration lunch with my auntie and an afternoon of girly shopping.
Saturday morning I had breakfast in bed, my gorgeous boyfriend made a special dinner for me that evening and I was given more presents. My favourite gift from Himself is Tolstoy's War & Peace! (It's been on my reading wish list since reading Anna Karenina years ago.)
Sunday was spent meandering along the Royal Mile looking in all the odd little shops (yes, including
the Christmas Shop) and was rounded off by going out for dinner.
There were no big or dramatic celebrations involved but I'll remember this birthday as being special and framed in colour because for once I wasn't worried about getting older, or any of the usual birthday blues, I just simply enjoyed it!
Last night felt like part of the celebration as I went to the second meeting of Consciously Female at
The Bonham Hotel. My friend Sharon was back from a week in France and I was excited that she
was coming along to share the experience. I'd had a good week and couldn't wait to find out how
the others weeks had been. The tone was a bit more serious from the start and once we were all
settled and had updated each other about our progress, we were asked to take out the childhood
photos we had brought.
I hadn't been looking forward to this exercise as I felt sure I'd get emotional and didn't relish that
prospect in a room full of people I barely knew. I was pleasantly surprised however, as I connected easily with the little me in the photo and found I liked the wee girl I had been. I described her as cheeky, playful and clever and I remembered the amazing capacity for fun I had had.
When we were asked what we would want for this wee girl if we were her parent, I got slightly
tearful - not because of what had been lacking in my childhood, but because my desire to have
children became intense in that moment. The room was emotionally charged during that activity but it was safe as we had the support of Dawn and of each other. It was a very moving evening and I feel sure some personal breakthroughs were made.
Consciously Female Website
My website

No comments:
Post a Comment