Spring flowers

Spring flowers

Wednesday, 29 September 2010

The Impossible Mountain

I have always believed in the power of dreams, that the subconscious speaks to us through the movies and images it creates as we sleep. Last night I dreamt of a mountain. From a distance it looked like a normal mountain but as I got closer to it (or it to me) I saw that it was entirely man-made. It was made of solid smooth concrete and looked even more impossible to climb than a natural mountain.
  I was about to turn away but some movement at the top caught my eye. I was looking through a camera lens and as it zoomed in I saw people freely moving about on the very top of the impossible mountain. They were coming and going through archways and corridors hewn out of the concrete.
  The camera lens adjusted and moved to the side of the mountain where I saw that instead of the smooth walls I thought I had seen, there were in fact hundereds of steps cut into the concrete. They were all neat, perfect and equal and went all the way to the secret archways and passages at the top.

I woke up amazed and so inspired. What an incredible dream. I won't give a dream analysis but I think you can figure out what the mountain could represent. What I took from the dream was that just because something may look impossible or that there is no obvious path to take, if I look harder and take time to figure it out, a way will appear.

It got me thinking, what if?

Throughout the day when I was thinking of my career and my future, I thought of the mountain and wondered if there are ways forward that I don't yet see. At the Consciously Female evening on Monday night, it was all about taking responsibility for our lives. We looked at disappointments and high points over the past few years. As I did the exercise and identified the part I had played in the good and bad times in my life, I felt empowered. Rather than feel upset about our disappointments, Dawn encouraged us to see that we did the best we could have done at those times and that the strengths and qualities that lead to our achievements were qualities we all still have. If I was brave and confident and made things happen before, I can do it again.

With all of this in mind I'm off to enjoy some more dream time...........



Consciously Female Website

My Website

1 comment:

  1. Hey, is anyone else having problems adding comments to this blog? If so please let me know on facebook or by emailing me at ladymoonwriter@hotmail.com :)

    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete